6.10.05

My Flexible Friend


I got my Mastercard yesterday. It's very pretty, golden and all that. It's my first credit card, actually. "Why Bit, you're closing in on 30 and you don't have a credit card?! What else haven't you told us?" Ah, but I've never NEEDED one, see. My old card (a plain vanilla VISA/bank card) has worked just fine for me. However, a long story involving my favourite online DVD shop, my old card and a supposed mismatch of certification standards led me to believe I needed a credit card. Well, to be honest, my bank led me to believe I needed one, and preferably a Mastercard. And I trust my bank, ya know.




So there it sits in my wallet, all fresh and shiny and waiting to be abused. I can see a financial disaster striking me within the next three months.

Or perhaps not.

No comments: