21.10.05

The Friday List: Music To (Virtually) Kill To

Ok, so you've fired up your favourite shooter, stocked up on your beverage of choice, turned the lights down and the sound up: What music to shoot-dodge in Max Payne 2 to, waste Zombies in Doom 3 to, or kill mercenaries in Far Cry to? Here are my suggestions:

"I don't wanna be me" - Type 0 Negative. After playing the "Cinema 2" mod for Max Payne 2, this is the de facto shoot'em up tune for me. Rocks hard!

"Ricochet" - Bionic Jive. I first heard these guys on the "Transporter" trailer a couple of years back. Good stuff.

"Here to stay" - Korn. My little bro' suggested this one, so I'll just have to take his word for it.

"Du Hast" - Rammstein. Come on, it works with ANYTHING involving guns: games, movies, comic books. Wünderbar.

"Damn Me" - Deathstars. Ok, so they're so over the top it hurts, but the Swedish death-pop'ers can make some pretty cool riffs. Great for background music in "Doom 3".

"Shock" - Fear Factory. When that guitar kicks in 00:32, I can see myself playing Quake 4 - if I actually had it. A perfect mix of metal and sci-fi.

Suggestions?

No comments: