23.11.05

The House Got Me

Wow. It's not often I get so totally engulfed in a book as I've recently become with Mark Z. Danielewski's "House of Leaves" - even though, like my mother, I practically consume books when I start reading them. Anyway, get this; last night, having read through the most thrilling part of the book (so far), I went to bed and actually couldn't sleep for a good while.

The imagery from the book still clear in my head, it almost felt like a little bit of Johnny Truant's paranoia was reeking out from between the pages and into my very own bedroom, making the darkness a little darker, the shadows a little longer and the LEDs blinking from my wi-fi router just slightly more irregular (hey, I AM a geek, after all)...

It was a great feeling, I haven't been "disturbed" by a book for a long, long time.



Of course, it could have been those two cups of coffee I had an hour earlier.


Oh, and there seems to have been a small update to the Dionaea House website. Clickety.

No comments: