24.4.05

Getting motivated is tiresome

Back from a two-day retailer/distributor weekend conference, and I feel a bit exhausted. There have been a couple of very nice seminars in motivation technique and sales/customer treatment, and I´ve seen some new products from the distributors. Nothing exiting, really, just the bread-and-butter stuff that makes the wheels go round.

Best thing was probably getting faces to go with all the names I see and voices I hear on the phone every day; there was a moment of equal surprise at the bar last night when I bumped into one of the guys I buy goods from on a regular basis - we were both sure the person on the other end of the line was some 40 year old and not a guy in his (late) twenties! Good to see there aren´t TOO many grumpy old men in my line of business, we need some (relativly) young upstarts as well.

Very, very tired now, gonna hit the sack early tonight, methinks.

No comments: