23.6.06

Nerves

I'm a little nervous. Not a lot, just that slightly giddy, not-quite-uncomfortable, yet not-quite-comfortable feeling that bubbles a bit in your tummy - not unlike your first appearance in the school play or before a concert performance. Why on earth would I, the rock-solid, down-to-earth, hard to sway guy - the very epitome of coolness (ahem, well...) be feeling nervous? Well, there's something happening tomorrow. Nothing huge or spectacular - well, probably not, anyway - but still enough to get my nerves working a bit harder than they usually do. No, I'm not telling. Not yet, anyway. If you want to indulge in the inner workings of a stranger's emotional life, there are plenty of blogs for that. I'm just telling you I'm feeling a bit nervous, and that there is a reason for it.

Of course, it could be the 5 mugs of coffee I've downed the last couple of hours - I'm seriously considering doing a few laps around the building.

No comments: