24.5.06

Maybe I'm not that bad at this after all...

Those who know me, may be aware of the fact that I dabble in the arcane arts of songwriting: that is, trying to come up with more or less meaningful words and somewhat catchy melodies and then desperately trying to cover up my mediocracies with tons of heavily processed loops and washy synthesizers. Ahem. Thankfully, T's around to help me clean up the mess before we post the results on ye' olde interweb.

"Thou art not a Scribe of Magnificence, fool!"

Now, why am I bothering you with this dreary tale of artistic ordeals, I hear you cry? Ah, yes. Yesterday I found this:
50 Cent named Songwriter of the Year at the 23rd Annual ASCAP Pop Music Awards. Some of you might find that to be a good thing, some of you might find this to be a bad thing. Heck, some of you might even - like me - chuckle a little bit at this, and the general madness and hijinx that permeates the music business.

It should be know, I have never truly immersed myself in the lyrics of 50 Cent, but if lines such as "I'll take you to the candy shop, I'll let you lick the lollipop" qualify you as songwriter of the year with the ASCAP posse, then damn, my prowess as a lyricist suddenly made a quantum leap.

No comments: