19.12.05

Guitar Hero

Mate: "Noo, you didn't!" Me: "Yes, I did!" Mate: "But... Can you play the damn thing?" Me: "Well... No, not really. That's why I got it. To learn to play it, ya know." Mate: "Cool!" Me: "Yeah."

What did I get? An electric guitar. Why the heck would a synthesizer/computer/electro-geek get an electric guitar? Well, for one thing I've been playing keyboards the wrong way for 20 years, so learning to play them the right way would probably be a helluva lot more work than simply learning to play an entirely new instrument. Secondly, a guitar is a versatile instrument suitable for many musical genres including electronic music. Lastly, it looks good on stage. Phallic references not withstanding, it does say "Rawk!" a wee bit more than a synthrig does. Trust me on this...

Oh, sorry. Here it is:

Nice, isn't it? It's got strings and everything! So far, I've learned all about blisters, finger cramps and A major. Coming along nicely, then.

1 comment:

Espen said...

I greet thee a merry new year, and a well done christmas... and YES, I will have a beer across from the Opera-House for you my dear friend... since we're not able to meet in person before I do... (...have that beer that is...) Surf's up, mate...